Wednesday 15 July 2009

When We Fall We Fall Like Stars

All I can offer is blood sweat and tears
Each step forward
risks broken fears
each item dropped
wounds
each spoken word
each time spent
looms

And I care for you my Angel
like the wind cares
for the mountain top
and slowly
winds
it down

And I care for you my darling
like water kiss the stone

And if you care for me my darling
kindly ask me to stop

and bath with me in honesty
like fine wine
stronger in time
like honey

Pluck down the stars
lay them cross a dark robe at your feet
gently thread
the darkness of uncertainty

And when we fall we fall like stars

Dress me in your sorrow
and steel me in
your hopes

Lay my tongue between you
and put your legs across

Let me lick that cold
of your shoulder

Let me look you in the eyes
before my eyes get older

Let me be your man
I can

No comments: