Wednesday 15 July 2009

Only the Truly Troubled Can Walk On Fire

At the bottom of the sea
sits a man as lonely as can be
fingering his soul
like a watered tank
Draining his thoughts
like an open bank
Faith is breathing
staining his face
its lilicit moist
As if he no longer has a choice
but only the truly troubled
can walk on fire
White man's burden
is back again
there's no angels
for the angels men
There's no friend
for the foe within
lets see what condition
my condition is in
When two steps forward
is to step back
Why resist
a heart attack?
Beyond beauty and repair
beyond
hope beyond love
there's also fear
and I bath in it baby
like a strand of your hair
gently boiled and set alight
I raise the demons
with out a fight
playing music of fire
and the drums break our hearts
But I'm still dancing
And I raise them
baby
to dance with me
and when it stops
there's nothing left
but ashes and dust
and the heavy flow
of tomorrow

No comments: