Friday 17 July 2009

Smell the Roses

No CCTV
to watch over my heartbreaks
People are cruel
and times are scarce
No one hears when you scream
in your own nightmares
And roses no longer smell of roses
I lost touch
with my former self
For years
My inner me
left me for
another
And you are a memory
of my soul's
sanskrit
I cant ride on wild horses
I tame them
I cant talk to strangers
So I leave them
I cant see the future
So I run
Run
Run
Where dimensions
hide
in the shadows
of each other
and heartbreaks smell
of roses

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it is great poem but reflects negative shadow of love memomries...their are many more love in life one just have to open arms and smile for others....and forgive ur past...good luck

Lena Vanelslander said...

Love your write, rest assured, you will smell the roses again after some time.