Monday 16 February 2009

Wildfire

The city is alive with wildfire
and multi colored light bulbs
The fire is alive with the city
and the color of sounds

There is a gateway and I've passed it
through a tunnel of red flesh and light
And you're here cause you need to tattoo
someone's ass with:"the invincibility of punk!"
and I'm here cause I need to want you!

And the prostitutes are alit and the air smells
a sweet breeze of fresh cunt
And there's a flower blooming
and it will fade soon but not tonight!

Tonight the walls sing to the tones
and the sky kiss the grounds
and the echo of feet singing
the words: "Hallelujah"
like there was no tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dibakar Sarkar said...

Please accept my deep respect for this poem. The poet zooms in the corners of society - always kept hidden and hideously enjoyed. It gives me a breathing.