Monday 9 February 2009

Fallen Angel

Forgive me lord, for I have sinned
Its cold outside, its cold within
Its been so long
Dont even know where to begin
I've stolen from the poor
Eaten with the rich
I have laid down with a whore
Its hard, its hard to remember which
I have chopped ribs of men
With no backbone
Brought lambs to slaughter
And saw them turn to stone
I have dug to deep
Climbed to high
But the closer I got
The bigger the fucking lie
Lost more games than I can recall
I have had and lost
And sometimes, lord,
Its better not to have had at all
Dont bite the fruit
If you dont like the root
I have children, lord, I haven't even met
Im sorry lord, just no regrets
Its not me, honest, the world is just not my scene
I have run faster than time itself
Just to reach the bottom shelf
I have called out your name in vain
Watched misfortunes fall harder than pain
But I like it lord
I like it much
The lyin, cheatin, stealin, lord
Am I out of touch?
I am human lord this is my crime
You made me yours
Just didnt give me time
So forgive me lord
I feel your grace
Forgive me lord
Its just not in your face
I will slap you Lord
For the things you've done
You made me yours
Look what I've become
From womb to womb
I wander cross this earth
Til you close the day
Treat me just like dirt
So forgive me lord
For what Im about to do
Gonna sin some more
This time its on you!

No comments: